Gatorworks is seeking a versatile web designer to join our team!
The Interactive Designer is responsible for conceptualizing, creating, and maintaining visually appealing, user-friendly websites and interactive applications. Each member of our design team must have the ability to deliver high-quality, clean, web-ready designs based on style guides and brand guidelines either established by the client or Gatorworks. This position requires strong organizational skills, digital expertise, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver with a can-do attitude and excitement for new challenges. Additionally, he or she should be driven in building their skills and passionate about the future of web design.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers, developers, and strategists to deliver high-quality, scalable, on-brand solutions to build a superior customer experience.
- Manage design documentation, style guides and specifications.
- Ensure technically sound file construction per specified medium.
- Have an expert understanding of how user experience and insights translate into design.
- Attend client meetings with other team members in order to learn client goals.
- Coordinate with project manager to meet all deadlines.
- Take constructive criticism and feedback internally into design revisions.
- Ability to handle several different client projects at a time.
- Effectively prepare files and assets for web development.
- Work with developers to maintain design throughout development and testing.
- Continuously learn new design techniques and keep track of the ever-changing web.
- Work with Digital Marketing team to advance our strategies for ongoing marketing clients.
- Evaluate and advance Gatorworks’ own brand through forward-thinking design.
- 4+ years experience as a designer working in an interactive agency setting.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and Sketch.
- Proficient in all aspects of the interactive process: sketches/wireframes, concept layouts, web mockups, etc.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of responsive web design and able to implement best design practices.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to communicate and present work and concepts directly to clients.
- Experience turning visual mockups into semantic and standard compliant HTML/CSS.
- Experience with collaboration software such as InVision.
- General understanding of web page optimization techniques.
- Experience with using WordPress as a CMS.
What You’ll Get
- Great work-life balance.
- Competitive base salary depending on experience.
- Full benefits including major medical, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and vision/dental.
- Competitive 401K retirement matching.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Work with a team of creative, passionate people who build custom websites and digital marketing campaigns for a diverse set of industries and clients.
- Relaxed office only an hour from New Orleans.
How To Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] titled ‘Web Designer Application’ with the following items attached: brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate, resume, and online portfolio showcasing your designs.
Gatorworks is a full-service digital marketing agency based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We provide strategic Branding, Web, and Inbound Marketing services.
We work in a relaxed and open environment that promotes collaboration both internally with our team and externally with the client. Every team member has the opportunity to contribute to the project, and our unique viewpoints lead to a more powerful and strategic end-product.
While our work is our passion, we know that all work and no play would make for a dull company. Culture is important to us. We enjoy a good work/life balance and often have outings as a team.
Gatorworks is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.