Gatorworks is Seeking a Versatile Web Designer to Join Our Team!
Gatorworks is a boutique digital agency based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We provide strategic Branding, Web, and Inbound Marketing services.
We work in a relaxed and open environment (no cubicles or walls) with the option for collaborative discussions and feedback on all projects. Every team member has the opportunity to contribute to the project, both creatively and expertly. Our unique opinions and viewpoints lead to a more powerful and strategic end product.
What We’re Looking For in a Web Designer
Our ideal candidate is a problem-solver with a can-do attitude and excitement for new challenges. Additionally, he or she should be driven in building their development skills and passionate about the future of web design. We’re looking for someone who stays up-to-date on the trends of web development, and can recognize good design.
As a mid (or senior)-level interactive designer you will work with our team on a variety of different web design and development projects. Because our creative studio deals with a wide variety of projects, our team members must be multifaceted and adaptable to numerous project requirements.
While our work is our passion, we know that all work and no play would make for a dull company. Culture is important to us. We enjoy a good work/life balance and often have outings as a team.
- 3+ years experience as a designer working in an interactive agency setting
- Proficient in all aspects of the interactive process: sketches/wireframes, concept layouts, web mockups, etc.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of responsive web design and able to implement standard practices
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Meets deadlines with efficiency and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to communicate and present work and concepts directly to clients
- Experience turning visual mockups into semantic and standard compliant HTML/CSS
- General understanding of web page optimization techniques
- Experience with using WordPress as a CMS
- Attend client and internal meetings and design with specific client goals in mind
- Coordinate with project manager to meet all deadlines
- Take constructive criticism and feedback internally into design revisions
- Ability to handle several different client projects at a time
- Effectively prepare files and assets for web development
- Work with developers to maintain design throughout development and testing
- Continuously learn new design techniques and keep track of the ever-changing web
What you’ll get
- You’ll get to work with a team of creative, passionate people who build custom web sites for a diverse set of industries and clients
- Relaxed office only an hour from New Orleans
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive base salary depending on experience
- Paid Holidays and Vacation
- Competitive healthcare benefits
If you feel you would make a great addition to the Gatorworks’ team, please send your resume to [email protected] .