Do you think strategically when it comes to developing and maintaining website, blog, and ad copy? Do you enjoy research and analysis for various services and products across a wide spectrum of industries? Do you keep track of all the new ways to convey a message online?
The Content Strategist is responsible for providing educational, valuable content through creative and strategic content tactics via a variety of digital channels to accomplish client project goals. This position will focus on creating interesting, unique, practical content that is both results-driven and brand-enhancing. This could include anything from creating and editing website content and blog posts to proposing and developing content marketing “offers” for our clients’ customers.
We are interested in someone who is a strong writer with a knowledge of SEO, who can take constructive criticism, who works as a team, and who wants to grow along with our company. If you’re a strategic, research-driven writer with a passion for marketing, you’re the right person for this position.
The Digital Content Strategist is Responsible For:
- Write content using key SEO strategies to further organic listings within search engines.
- Write content for digital channels including blogs, website copy, and emails with a focus on telling the brand story and optimizing conversions across all channels.
- Provide strategic direction for content creation across all digital platforms on a per-client basis.
- Review current website copy for SEO considerations and offer site structure recommendations to website design and development team.
- Propose questions for key stakeholder or consumer interviews to enable the writing of digital content – to effectively communicate branding, product information, and services of clients.
- Find new ways to present the brand story in a digital setting.
- Provide support to other areas of Inbound Marketing as needed (ie. social media copy, PPC copy, emails, etc.)
- Develop relevant, engaging, conversion-focused marketing content that meets the needs of both key stakeholders and our audience. Types of content that you will be asked to generate may include but are not limited to:
- Website copy
- Blog posts
- Email newsletters
- Other content as needed
- Work within a designated brand content style guide.
- Capture brand personality in content voice and tone.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, sales, account managers, digital marketers, and external influencers.
- Develop relevant, engagement-focused social response content that meets the needs of the social audience in respect to the client’s brand attributes and services. Content for responses may include, but are not limited to:
- Paid and organic content on various social channels (example: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest)
- Review sites (example: Google Reviews, Yelp)
- Experience working in the digital marketing industry and understanding of client business needs
- 2 – 4 years of hands-on experience in copywriting/content development, conversion-oriented landing page/website content, or social media content
- 4-year college degree in a related field such as English, journalism, writing and rhetoric, digital marketing, web marketing, or digital communications
- Superior organizational and time management skills, as well as attention to detail
- Proven experience formulating and driving successful digital content strategy or digital advertising plans
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with experience working with all levels of an organization, including C-level executives
- Ability to identify, articulate, and defend insights and recommendations to clients
- Aptitude for uncovering and analyzing clients’ spoken and unspoken goals and needs
What You’ll Get
- Great work-life balance.
- Competitive base salary depending on experience.
- Full benefits including major medical, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and vision/dental.
- Competitive 401K retirement matching.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Work with a team of creative, passionate people who build custom websites and digital marketing campaigns for a diverse set of industries and clients.
- Fully-renovated, brand new office only an hour from New Orleans.
How To Apply
Please send an email to [email protected] titled “Content Strategist” with the following items attached: a brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate, resume, and at least 3 writing samples showcasing your work.
Gatorworks is a full-service digital marketing agency based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We provide strategic Branding, Web, and Digital Marketing services. We work in a relaxed and open environment that promotes collaboration both internally with our team and externally with the client. Every team member has the opportunity to contribute to the project, and our unique viewpoints lead to a more powerful and strategic end-product.
While our work is our passion, we know that all work and no play would make for a dull company. Culture is incredibly important to us. We enjoy a good work/life balance and often have outings as a team.
Gatorworks is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.