Are you a social media rockstar? Do you enjoy learning the interesting new things social media platforms can do? Are you a creative thinker who also enjoys seeing results?
The Social Media Specialist is responsible for creating engaging, interesting content for clients on social media and through email marketing. The aim is to create engaged communities on social media that are not only interested in the content provided, but interested in the client as a result. This could include blogging, creating and improving social media profiles, managing regular posts, responding to followers, and running ad campaigns.
We are interested in someone who can not only come up with great ideas for social media and email, but also follow through on them to ensure their success and then work with the rest of the Inbound Marketing team to ensure the client understands the value that has been created.
- Review and analyze client social media for areas that need to be improved, deleted, or revised.
- Prepare detailed strategy reports for social media clients.
- Identify the areas of opportunity for client social media accounts.
- Manage pay-per-click campaigns on various social media platforms, with a focus on Facebook/Instagram.
- Establish social media guidelines for social media clients.
- Stay abreast of latest changes in social media platforms and how they can benefit our clients.
- Come up with creative/effective ideas for social media and email marketing clients.
- Execute ideas based on feedback from clients and fellow team members.
- Report on the success or failure of those ideas and refine strategy based on that data.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or advertising, computer science, or related discipline.
- 2 years experience in social media with an agency or private corporation.
- Experience with Facebook for Business, Instagram Business, Twitter, and Google+.
- Strong Writing Skills.
- A strong desire to learn more about social media.
- Ability to organize projects and compile reports with attention to detail.
- Utilize internet knowledge as a consumer using social media tools.
- Effective communication, both written and verbal.
- Implement new processes and improve efficiency.
- Analyze data and research trends in order to develop new strategies.
- Adjust to the constantly changing landscape of social media.
- Passion for digital marketing.
- Outstanding ability to think creatively and identify & resolve problems.
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task to meet deadlines.
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points.
- Commitment to the success not only of the Inbound Department but also Gatorworks as a company.
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation.
- Excellent analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Comfort with using a variety of methods of correspondence, including phone, email, and social media.
What you’ll get
- Great work-life balance.
- Competitive base salary depending on experience.
- Full benefits including major medical, long-term and short-term disability, life insurance, and vision/dental.
- Competitive 401K retirement matching.
- Paid Holidays and Vacation.
- Work with a team of creative, passionate people who build custom websites and digital marketing campaigns for a diverse set of industries and clients.
- Relaxed office only an hour from New Orleans.
How to apply
Please send an email to [email protected] titled “Social Media Specialist” with the following items attached: brief cover letter explaining why you’re the right candidate, resume, and online portfolio showcasing your work.
Gatorworks is a full-service digital marketing agency based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. We provide strategic Branding, Web, and Inbound Marketing services. We work in a relaxed and open environment that promotes collaboration both internally with our team and externally with the client. Every team member has the opportunity to contribute to the project, and our unique viewpoints lead to a more powerful and strategic end-product.
While our work is our passion, we know that all work and no play would make for a dull company. Culture is important to us. We enjoy a good work/life balance and often have outings as a team.
Gatorworks is an equal opportunity employer and drug-free workplace.