Pay-Per-Click Advertising: Benefits and Uses
Pay-per-click advertising – sometimes referred to as PPC or search engine marketing – is the process of purchasing ads through one of the major search engines to get links to your website in front of the eyes of searchers. Unlike organic search engine optimization, or SEO, pay-per-click advertising allows you to pay a fee (usually based on an auction system) to get your advertisements to show when a person types in a specific search query.
When done well, PPC campaigns can provide great returns for a business, and can be considered a cost-effective form of online advertising. This is because pay-per-click ads are designed to reach people that are actively searching for your product or service.
Things to Consider
If you are considering investing in online advertising, here are five Pay-Per-Click advertising benefits you will want to take into account:
- Instant Gratification – With PPC networks, such as Google and Bing, you can have your ads in competitive search engine spots in a matter of moments, assuming you have quality ads, landing pages, and can follow the search engine’s guidelines.
- Level Playing Field – Even if you run a small business, you have a fair chance to rank well and be seen by your potential customers. Paid search doesn’t look at a brand name, it looks solely at ad quality and your bids.
- High Track-ability – Providing you set up your campaigns correctly and install the conversion code properly your pay-per-click campaigns are easy to track and realize your return-on-investment, or ROI. This will help you know that your money is being spent wisely.
- Targeted Traffic – Unlike other forms of advertising (even SEO to an extent), PPC advertising lets you show exactly the ad you want to the audience you want and then send them to the exact landing page you want them to see. There is much less guessing on the advertiser’s part.
- Testing Made Easy – Would you like to test different landing pages or ad copy? Pay-Per-Click platforms are designed to make testing your campaign elements extremely easy. If you have the idea, PPC allows you to test, and then test some more.
Even though Pay-Per-Click advertising allows you to drive targeted traffic quickly and easily, it is very important to make sure that you are nurturing the relationship you create with site visitors so they will take the actions you want them to take. Without understanding who your customers are, and what your goals are, you will lose money very quickly with paid search.
Want to learn more about paid search tactics? Check out the free e-book, Advanced PPC Strategies to Maximize Your E-Commerce Campaign.